Monday, September 12, 2011

Cardio Kickboxing

In my continual efforts to find an heart-pumping exercise to replace running while my injuries heal, I tried kickboxing today.

For Christmas we had bought a heavy weight bag.  For the most part it hangs idle in the basement so I thought I'd make use of it finally.  After reading internet articles and watching how-to videos on YouTube, I went down to give it a try.

Basically, kickboxing is made up of 4 punches (jab, straight, hook, and uppercut) and 3 kicks (roundhouse, side and front).  Keep your feet moving and keep moving around the bag throwing punches and kicks and you've got yourself a do-it-yourself cardio kickboxing workout.

I went for 10 minutes (after I'd done 10 miles on our stationary bike to warm up) and felt like that was a good workout that encompassed my whole body.

No comments:

Post a Comment