Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Too Healthy?!

Calculating your body mass index is an important tool to helping you get and/or stay healthy.  A few of the websites I've tried only give you the BMI range that you fall in but here is a bmi calculator that gives you your exact body mass index down to the 10th of a point.  It also has a BMI calculator specifically for children and teens.

Recently I tried to participate in a clinical research study for a nutritional supplement company.  Before participating each person went through a health review.  Basically, the weighed and measured me and had me list all the medications and vitamins I was taking.  Knowing that I'm a pretty healthy person I was looking forward to participating as I would be reimbursed $190 for my time.

When they finally contacted me they said I wasn't accepted because my BMI fell below the 23-35 range that they required.  I found that an odd range since the BMI charts a BMI level 25-29.9 is overweight and above 30 is obese.

It's the first time in my life I've been declined for being too skinny and too healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment