Friday, September 30, 2011

Garmin Forerunner Auto Pause Feature

Ever wonder how far you walk when you visit an amusement park or how far you run while playing a soccer game?  When I visited Sea World I measured me walking around 4 1/2 miles.  It wasn't an accurate measurement since I'd sometimes forget to click the start button after I'd stopped it while we were watching the Shamu or sea lion shows.

But now that I know about the Auto Pause function on the Garmin Forerunner GPS watches, my measurements can be more precise.

When in Auto Pause mode, the Garmin watch will automatically pause when you stop or go below a certain pace that you can customize.

To turn on this feature press the mode button.  On the menu that comes up select TRAINING then TRAINING OPTIONS then AUTO PAUSE. Once in the Auto Timer Pause window select "when stopped" or select your desired "custom pace".

No comments:

Post a Comment