Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mattress Disease

For the past month I've been suffering from what my husband calls "mattress disease".  In other words, it takes all my effort to roll myself out of bed to go running. 

But so far this summer, only once have I hit the snooze and failed to going running at all that day.  But I do average 10-30 minutes of laying there not wanting to get up.

Today was no exception but there was a deep twitch in my legs, it's like they were saying "feed me" and what they wanted was speed.

I was too lazy to do intervals but I did convince myself to run fartleks this morning.  My legs thanked me and my brain realized that I did have some speed in me.  All in all, I was pleased with my performance.

So, feel free to hit the snooze but also make sure you hit the pavement too.

No comments:

Post a Comment