Monday, May 2, 2011

Top 4 Reasons to Use a Heart Monitor when Running

When I first started long distance running a friend highly recommended that I start using a heart rate monitor.  Since my Garmin Forerunner 305 came with the heart strap and monitoring capabilities I thought I may as well use the feature.  Ever since then I have recommended it to my family and friends.  Here's the top 4 reasons why you should start using a heart rate monitor when you run, walk, bike, or do any other exercise.

1) Keeps you going at an aerobic state so more fat is burned
2) Notifies you when you're in an anaerobic state which does not burn fat but does put greater stress on your body
3) Helps you track how fast your heart rate returns to a normal rate which then tells you what level of fitness you are in
4) Prevents you from going too hard for too long which can lead to burn-out

Whether you wear a heart strap around your chest or use a strapless heart rate monitor, rest assured you will greatly increase your health and aerobic fitness if you incorporate a heart rate monitor into your daily sports equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment