Monday, April 18, 2011

Starting Line

As Plato said, "The beginning is the most important part of the work."  What a nice introduction to this blog where my goal is to share stories and provide advice and reviews about products and events in the running world. 
Speaking of running events, the 115th Boston Marathon was run this morning.  In a blistering pace
 Geoffrey Mutai wins and sets a course record by a whopping 2 minutes and 50 seconds!  Technically and unfortunately, he set a new world record for the marathon but due to the strong tail winds the time will not count.
Watching this morning's race makes my running juices flow.  Oh how awesome it would be to run in this race.  I even spoke with a friend of mine who ran this morning.  She said that Heartbreak Hill is no worse than a hill near our homes.  The Boston course would be an ideal course for me to run but the qualifying times are not in my favor, especially since the times were just changed.  But I can always hope, and as the proverb says, "from small beginnings come great things."

No comments:

Post a Comment