Saturday, July 23, 2011

You Can Do It!

As great as it was to pace my dad in the half marathon last week, it was a bit of a bummer that I didn't run the whole 13.1 miles.  With nagging injuries I haven't even run more than 11 miles in over 18 months.

Until this morning.

When I started out running I was planning on 9-10 miles.  But the more I thought about it the more I wanted to prove to myself that I still have the ability to run a half marathon.

It was slow going but I did it!

Once again I used the ol' trick of running far enough away from home that I had no option but run back home.  I was very tired and foot sore but still able to float on clouds with a smile on my face knowing that I ran 13.1 miles this morning.

Once I got home I started searching for a half marathon or full marathon to race this fall.  So join me in making the commitment to a full or half marathon.  Just remember...YOU CAN DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment